By Courtney Omell
on August 02, 2022
Teachers sacrifice a lot to help our children succeed in life – whether that means staying up all night grading papers, or spending their own money on school supplies. In fact, recent studies have shown that most teachers spend about $750 out of their own pockets every year on supplies for their students. Read on to find out the best places to get teacher discounts.
We realize $750 is lot of money, especially on a teacher’s salary. We’re here to help. We’ve compiled a list of more than 70 discounts for teachers at bookstores, retail chains, school supply outlets and more. Feel free to share this list with all the teachers and educators in your life!
Online School Supply Discounts
Retail Store Discounts
- Ann Taylor Loft – Join the LoftLoves Teachers program and get 15% off all full-price purchases every day.
- Cole Haan – Teachers get 20% off their order.
- Colorscience – Take 15% off on skincare and beauty products.
- Crayola – Discounted and free access to educational seminars.
- Crocs – Teachers can get 15% off full-priced items.
- DearFoams – Shop through ID.me to get 20% off.
- GM – Up to $500 off select Chevrolet vehicles for educators.
- Goodwill – Take 25% off on select days of the week. Check your local Goodwill for more information.
- Hanes – 10% off for teachers and retired teachers, up to $10 off.
- Hawes & Curtis – Teachers can get 15% off menswear, womenswear, and gifts.
- Home Depot – Teachers pay no sales tax with tax exempt paperwork.
- Hunter Boots – Get 20% off when you verify your educator status.
- J. Crew – 15% off with employee ID, valid in-store at J.Crew, J.Crew Factory and J. Crew Mercantile stores only.
- JOANN – Get 15% off with their Teacher Discount Program.
- Lakeshore Learning – Rewards Members can save 15% on select items in store.
- LensCrafters – Use ID.me to verify and get 60% off prescription lenses (frames not eligible).
- Levi’s – Teachers take 15% off their order by entering their school information.
- Lowe’s – Teacher’s pay no sales tax with tax exempt paper work.
- Madewell – Get 20% off online and in-store orders.
- Michael’s – Teachers save 15% every day on products designed for the classroom. Some exclusions apply, so make sure to ask a store associate for details!
- Modcloth – Verify with ID.me and get 20% off your order.
- New Balance – Teachers can verify using ID.me for a 25% off discount.
- Puma – Take 10% off your order by verifying using ID.me.
- Reebok – Teachers can get 50% off using ID.me verification.
- Roxy – Use SheerID to verify your educator status and take 15% off.
- Saucony – Verify with ID.me and teachers save 20%.
- Staples – Earn 10% back in rewards on most purchases with the Staples Teacher Rewards Program.
- Thrive Market – Teachers qualify for a one-year free membership.
- Under Armour – Take 20% off when you verify with ID.me.
- Vineyard Vines – Take 15% off everything when you verify your educator status.
- Zappos – 10% off for teachers, discount will be automatically applied for one full year after verifying and registration.
Discounts on Tech and Software
- Adobe – Up to 75% off with the Adobe Teacher and Student Store.
- Apple Store – Use the Apple Education Discount to take 5 to 10% off Apple products.
- AT&T – Usually around 15-20% off your monthly bill for active teachers. Varies by educational institution, you will need to enter your email address and credentials in order to see if you qualify.
- Basecamp – Educators using Basecamp for classroom work can get a free account.
- Bose – Up to 15% off for educators and members of educational associations through the Educators Direct Group.
- HP – Up to 35% off via their Student & Teacher Education Store.
- JourneyEd.com – Discounts on licensed software for educators. Faculty pricing varies by school.
- Lenovo – Teachers who verify through ID.me will get access to weekly Lenovo deals.
- Microsoft – Teachers can get Microsoft Office 365 Education for free.
- PBS – Teachers can get access to hundreds of free videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more.
- Verizon – Save up to $25 per month on unlimited plans.
- Western Digital – Up to 15% off on flash drives, hard drives, and other storage solutions.
- Art Institute of Chicago – Free admission for Illinois teachers who have registered for the Educator Network.
- Boston Children’s Museum – Half priced tickets for teachers in the Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA).
- Dallas Museum of Art – Deals on guided tours for students are available.
- Explorica – Book discounted trips and earn rewards on school-related travel.
- Field Museum of Chicago – Free admission for Illinois teachers with valid ID.
- Kennedy Space Center – Free Educator Study Pass for active teachers in the United States of America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort – Free admission for FL teachers to LEGOLAND Florida Resort, Madame Tussauds Orlando or SEA LIFE Orlando.
- SeaWorld San Antonio – K-12 teachers in Texas can verify with ID.me for a free Teacher Card. Apply in January of 2023 for next year’s cards.
- Shedd Aquarium in Chicago – Free general admission with teacher ID for educators in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. Register here.
- Student Universe – Discounted group airfares for groups of ten or more students and faculty members.
- Vacations To Go – Cruise discounts for teachers (vary by line and availability).
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel – Teachers and school support staff can get up to 25% off booking. Call 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code TEACHERS RATE or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code ZTC appears in the Corporate/Promo code box.
- Marriott Hotels – Available at select hotels. Discounts vary. Show your ID and say you’re a local government employee when booking.
Other Discounts for Teachers
- e-File – Educators can file their tax returns for free.
- Headspace App – This meditation app is free for K-12 (primary-secondary) teachers and supporting staff in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- National Education Association – Get access to lots of discounts and member benefits when you become a NEA member.
- Pizza Hut – Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program motivates children to read by rewarding them with praise and pizza!
- USA Today – Save 45% on a subscription through the Educator Program. This works out to $.40 per copy.
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development – Good Neighbor Next Door Program offers a discount for teachers on the list price of homes.
- Wall Street Journal – Professors at select universities can get complimentary access to digital subscriptions.
- Washington Post – Educators qualify for up to 90% off digital subscription prices.
Do you know of any additional discounts for teachers? Please comment below and we will add them to our list.